CHECK IN PROCESS
Tournament Registration and Team Check-In
Thank you for registering for the 2018 Grand Rapids Invitational Tournament! We look forward to hosting your team.
TEAM CHECK-IN PACKETS can be submitted in two ways:
For teams who prefer a manual check-in, a team representative must bring all documents to the manual Team Check-in between 5-7:30 on Friday, May 25, 2018.
Northview High School - Athletic Lobby (use back entrance)
4451 Hunsberger NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
All of the above documents must be presented to our volunteers at the Manual Team Check-in on Friday night. Your cards will be zip tied and will be rechecked at each game by the referee or field marshal at your game site.
For teams that do no want to attend the Friday Night Manual Team Check-in, there is an email option. If you choose this option, ALL MATERIALS ARE DUE BEFORE FRIDAY, MAY 4, 2018. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! If packets are not received by May 4, or are missing ANY items, Your team check-in will be on Friday at the tournament check-in location noted below.
Please scan each set of documents listed below into separate files and email them as attachments in ONE EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Tournament check-in committee will review them upon receipt and email you as APPROVED OR NOT APPROVED. IF ANY DOCUMENTS ARE MISSING, YOU WILL NEED TO ATTEND THE MANUAL CHECK-IN ON FRIDAY.
The field marshal will have your roster and check in materials at the site of your first game. One hour before your scheduled game, a team representative must present current official Player/Coach Pass Cards for all players, guest players, managers, and coaches listed on the tournament roster that was mailed in and approved.
· Please make sure cards are alphabetized to match the tournament roster
· Please have a hole punched in one corner of all cards to be zip tied for the weekend
· Cards will be checked by referees prior to each game to ensure player on the card is player playing in the game
- GRIT18 Manager Checklist LINK
- Team Information Sheet completely filled out LINK
- Team’s official stamped roster from the 2018 Spring Season
- Tournament Roster/Liability Release Form signed by each player’s parent/guardian LINK
- All Coach’s CDC Heads-Up Concussion Certificate and all coach's and manager's Risk Management card (or similar items that your league uses)
- Approved Guest Player Form (if applicable) Guest players are any players not listed on the official team roster, including but not limited to players within the same club. Guest players my not be older than the Team’s age group. All age groups will be allowed 5 guest players who will provide paperwork and forms the same as the team’s rostered players. Guest players within the same club need only be added to and sign the team Tournament Roster/Liability Form and provide their player pass card upon check in. Players from other clubs must provide complete MSYSA guest player form located on the state website. http://www.michiganyouthsoccer.org/Page534.aspx
FOR NON-MSYSA REGISTERED TEAMS (US Club Soccer or other state associations teams) packets must include all of the above and the following additional forms:
• Proof of Medical Insurance from your current league
• Proof of Good Standing with your current league
• Permission to Travel - All USYSA or US Club teams traveling from outside Michigan must provide appropriate travel documents approved by their State Soccer Association.
NOTE: TEAMS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MIX USYSA (MSYSA in Michigan) AND US CLUB SOCCER PAPERWORK TO REGISTER.