CHECK IN PROCESS
Tournament Registration and Team Check-In
Thank you for registering for the 2018 Grand Rapids Invitational Tournament! We look forward to hosting your team. This tournament has an online check-in process and does not require teams to bring check in paperwork to the fields. The only item checked at the field location will be player/coach pass- cards. More information regarding player/coach pass-card check-in is at the end of this document.
Two ways to submit your team documents:
For teams that do not want to attend the Friday night manual team check-in, team check-in packets can be emailed and are DUE BEFORE FRIDAY, MAY 4, 2018. NO EXCEPTIONS! IF PACKETS ARE NOT RECEIVED BY MAY 4, YOUR TEAM CHECK-IN WILL BE ON FRIDAY AT THE TOURNAMENT CHECK-IN LOCATION NOTED BELOW.
For teams who prefer a manual check-in, a team representative must bring all documents listed below to the manual team check-in located at Northview Athletic lobby between 5:00 pm and 7:30 pm on Friday before the tournament.
Online Packet Submission: Please scan each set of documents listed below into separate files and email them as attachments in ONE email to email@example.com. Our Tournament check-in committee will review them upon receipt and email you as APPROVED OR NOT APPROVED. IF ANY DOCUMENTS ARE MISSING, YOU WILL NEED TO ATTEND THE MANUAL CHECK-IN ON FRIDAY.
• Team Information Sheet completely filled out LINK
• Tournament Roster/Liability Release Form signed by each player’s parent/guardian LINK
• Team’s official stamped roster from the 2018 Spring Season
• Medical Release Forms for all players attending tournament, signed by parent or guardian. LINK
• Concussion Information Sheets for all players attending tournament, signed by parent or guardian. LINK
• All Coach’s and Manager’s CDC Heads-Up Concussion Certificate and Risk Management card (or similar items that your league uses)
• Approved Guest Player Form (if applicable) and all above supporting paperwork for each guest player. (Team roster, Medical release, Concussion Sheet) Players from within your own club do not need state approval. MSYSA Guest Player Form and Instructions can be found at the following link: http://michiganyouthsoccer.org/AssetFactory.aspx?did+4096
FOR NON-MSYSA REGISTERED TEAMS (US Club Soccer or other state associations teams) packets must include all of the above in addition to:
- Proof of Medical Insurance from your current league
- Proof of Good Standing with your current league
- Permission to Travel - All USYSA or US Club teams traveling from outside Michigan must provide appropriate travel documents approved by their State Soccer Association.
NOTE: TEAMS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MIX USYSA (MSYSA in Michigan) AND US CLUB SOCCER PAPERWORK TO REGISTER.
Player Card Check-in at Field locations
Individual player/coach check in will take place at the field location of your first game, 1 hour prior to your first game. A zip tie will bind your approved cards together for the duration of the tournament.
- Managers should present current official Player/Coach Pass Cards for all players, guest players, managers, and coaches listed on the tournament roster that was approved, to the field marshal at the team’s first game venue.
- Please make sure cards are alphabetized to match the tournament roster
- Please have a hole punched in one corner of all cards to be zip tied for the weekend
- Cards will be checked by referees prior to each game to ensure player on the card is player playing in the game.